No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter.
1. These terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions“) relate to ELF photo contest (“Contest“) initiated by European Lung Foundation, (“We”, or “Us“), will run to increase representation of people with lung conditions. The European Lung Foundation is a non-profit organisation registered as a UK company (VAT no. GB 115 0027 74) and charity (no. 1118930).
2. By entering the Contest, You (“You” or “Your“) are accepting these Terms and Conditions, and You acknowledge that the Terms & Conditions may be changed (whether verbally, in writing or otherwise) by Us at any time at our sole discretion.
3. The Contest is open to all people with lung conditions or those around them, who want to raise representation of what it means to have a lung condition.
4. If You are under 18, You will need Your parents or legal guardian to complete the application form.
5. The Contest opens at 13:00 GMT on 11 December 2020 and closes at 13:00 GMT on 14 February 2021 (“the Closing Date“). Entries received after that date and time will not be considered for entry under any circumstances. We reserve the right to extend the Closing Date for a reasonable period of time, and in these circumstances, the date on which We elect to close the Contest shall be the Closing Date.
6. To enter the Contest, You must complete and submit the application form online, https://woobox.com/yf7jf4 and upload an image that you feel best represents you and you life with a lung condition. You can enter as many times as you like, each entry will be counted in the prize draw.
7. The image should fit the following criteria:
8. Entries that do not fit within the conditions of entry will not be admissible and will not be considered. We shall retain full and sole discretion over every question as to the admissibility or otherwise of any given work. The following are examples (without limitation) of inadmissible work.
9. Our decision on these and all other matters is final and binding in all respects, and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. If You have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the Contest, please email Us at email@example.com with ” ELF Photo Contest” in the subject line.
11.We will examine and validate the submitted photos before accepting them and making them available to view in the Photo Contest gallery.
We reserve the right to disqualify You if We suspect You have submitted photos which We believe are not genuinely obtained (i.e., believed to be not taken by You), or if You act disrespectfully towards other Participants in any way via social media or any other means of communication. We shall retain full and sole discretion over this decision.
12. The photos will not be judged by Us or another party. Each image that meets the entry criteria will go into the prize draw and a Participant will be selected at random and allocated The Prize.
a. If The Participant who is allocated The Prize does not claim The Prize or cannot be contacted within 2 weeks of being selected then another random entry will be drawn, and The Prize given to that Participant. This will continue until a Participant claims The Prize.
b. One Prize will be provided by Us to The Participant who is randomly selected. The Prize will be a 10.2-inch iPad or similar, of similar cost depending on availability.
c. The Prize is non-transferable, cannot be substituted for any other prize and no cash alternative is available.
13. The Prize cannot be exchanged by You or transferred by You and cannot be redeemed by You for any other prize. The Prize may generally be amended and/or supplemented at Our discretion, and if you are the selected Paticpant, You acknowledge that the Prize shall be as it is in its final form as advised by Us. If the selected Participant rejects The Prize then The Company reserves the right to take The Prize away from the selected Participant and another Participant will be selected.
14. It Is the responsibility of the selected Participant to declare, if relevant, The Prize as income to their local tax authorities and the selected Participant shall be wholly liable for any taxes payable and shall indemnify and hold the Company safe and harmless from all claims relating to such taxes and charges. The Company shall in no circumstances be liable for any taxes payable on such awards.
15. You are responsible for the cost (if any) of creating Your photo and generally with respect to submitting your application to the Contest.
16. By entering the Contest, You agree to the collection, retention, usage and distribution of Your personal information in order to process and contact You about Your Contest entry. The information You supply in connection with Your Contest entry (including Your personal details).
a. may be included in a database compiled for the Contest and will only be used for the purposes related to the Contest by Us; and
b. will not be supplied to third parties other than as is reasonably necessary for purposes related to the Contest.
All personal details will be held and processed in accordance with all relevant EU laws and regulations.
17. All information supplied (including personal details) in Your entry or otherwise provided must be truthful, accurate, complete and in no way misleading. We reserve the right to disqualify You if You have supplied untruthful, inaccurate, misleading or incomplete personal details and/or information, have failed to abide by the rules of the Contest, and/or are in breach of these Terms and Conditions and/or act in some way which We believe will bring Us and/or the Contest into disrepute and/or impair the integrity of the Contest generally.
18. The copyright of your photo will be fully assigned to Us by way of this agreement. By submitting your images in the Contest, each entrant: (i) gives Us a non-exclusive, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid-up license to use, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display their photo, in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional, fundraising, or marketing purposes; and (ii) waives all rights and moral rights in their Photo in favour of Us, and their successors and assigns; and
a.The Organiser is entitled to authorise its members and non-profit partners to use the submitted photos for communication purposes under the same conditions as set out in clause 18.
19. By participating in this Contest you agree to release and hold harmless the European Lung Foundation, their advertising and promotional agencies, and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, successors, partners and assigns (the “released parties”) from and against any and all actions, causes of actions, claims, costs and payments for damages, loss, injury or death, however occurring, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, as a result of participating in the contests or any contest related activity or resulting from acceptance, use, or misuse of, or participation in The Prize.
20. You warrant that You own the copyright to Your Contest entry as its author, and that You own and can grant all rights in Your Contest entry as required under these Terms and Conditions. You also warrant that the Your entry shall not contain any material that constitutes an infringement of copyright of a third party.
21. We accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by You as a result of Your entering into the Contest. We further disclaim liability for any injury or damage to You or Your photo relating to or resulting from downloading or delivering such photos.
22. We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Contest with or without prior notice due to reasons outside Our control, and We shall have no liability to You or anyone else in this event for any reason whatsoever.
23. You shall indemnify Us against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses (including but not limited to any direct or indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal costs (calculated on a full indemnity basis) and all other reasonable professional costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by Us arising out of or in connection with any breach of these terms by You.
24. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude Our liability for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of Our negligence.
25.These Terms and Conditions (as may be amended from time to time) constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes and extinguishes all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between them, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter.
26. The Contest and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by United Kingdom law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of The United Kingdom.
27. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is deemed or declared void or unenforceable, this shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
For any questions regarding the ELF Photo Contest, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn about the conditions that can affect our lungs and access our lung condition specific information.
Learn more about life with a lung condition and things you can do to improve your quality of life.
Learn about the factors that can cause lung disease and the ways to reduce your contact with them.
Sign up to our free monthly newsletter to get the latest information and research news on lung conditions, plus views from experts and patients! You can unsubscribe at any time.