Air quality: #BreatheCleanAir
Learn how air quality can impact your lung health #BreathCleanAir
A combined action on air quality by medical societies and patient organisations
There is a pressing need for action on air quality, both in terms of awareness and education, and in order to take active measures to reduce pollution levels.
• Air quality in many countries is much worse than what WHO recommends in its current Air Quality Guidelines;
• Poor air quality has considerable health effects;
• For many vulnerable populations, not enough is being done;
• Patients, doctors and the public are not properly informed about the short- and long-term health effects of air pollution; and
• Patients and doctors lack knowledge on how to prevent the health effects of air pollution.
Did you know that the quality of the air you breathe in affects your lung health?
Test your knowledge of lung disease and the importance of clean air with the Healthy Lungs for Life quiz.Take the quiz